Vice President of Taxes
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Vice President of Taxes in Greenwich, Connecticut - Careers at
CT, Greenwich Skip Branding Vice President of Taxes in Greenwich,
Connecticut - Careers at CT, Greenwich Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Vice President of Taxes Location Name CT,
Greenwich ID 2019-3178 Date Posted 1 year ago (10/8/2019 6:01 PM)
Company W. R. Berkley Corporation Primary Location US-CT-Greenwich
Category Finance/Accounting Company Details "Our Company provides a
state of predictability which allows brokers and agents to act with
confidence." Founded in 1967, W. R. Berkley Corporation has grown
from a small investment management firm into one of the largest
commercial lines property and casualty insurers in the United
States.Along the way, we've been listed on the New York Stock
Exchange, seen our revenue soar well past $7 billion, and become a
well-respected Fortune 500 Company.Today, the Berkley brand
comprises 53 Berkley companies worldwide. Still managed by our
founder and largest shareholder, W. R. Berkley Corporation is
well-positioned to respond to opportunities for future growth.In
April 2017, W. R. Berkley Corporation celebrated the 50th
anniversary of its founding. Responsibilities The VP of Tax will
report to the EVP, CFO and Treasurer of a Fortune 500 Insurance
Company. This individual will be responsible for overseeing and
managing the tax function and all internal and external
relationships relating to tax. In addition, this individual should
be a hands-on tax professional that will lead the development and
implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance,
tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects.
- Collaborate with functional and operational areas within the
organization, including Corporate Finance and Actuarial,
Investments, Human Resources, Legal, Corporate Development,
Insurance Risk Management and operating units.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders and gain the
trust of the senior management team by continually adding value to
minimize tax liabilities and the overall success of the
- Manage and develop resources within the tax function.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies across the
domestic and international operations of the group in connection
with numerous areas, including but not limited to M&A,
investments, internal structuring, employment tax matters,
- Prepares complex tax returns and tax research with the support
of the tax function and external advisors
- Manage all tax audits and examinations, and negotiates
settlement of disputed issues with all taxing authorities.
- Advises senior leadership on new legislation and trend
impacting the company
- Annual and quarterly tax provisions including tax footnote
disclosures for U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting purposes.
- Reviews tax information supplied by the company's operating
units, both domestic and international.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes
- Coordination and management of multiple external advisors.
- Strong team approach when working with colleagues.
- A minimum of fifteen years of corporate and public accounting
- Extensive background and technical understanding of corporate
insurance tax, as well as taxation relating to investments,
partnerships and M&A transactions.
- Relevant experience in federal, state and local tax laws with
concepts in property and casualty insurance industry.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and utilize significant data to
make sound business decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management at
the corporate and subsidiary level.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead,
collaborate, develop and mentor staff.
- Ability to apply critical decision making.
- Experience in a tax department of a large multi-entity
corporation is a plus. Education Requirement
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation and/or MST Degree
preferred Options Create Profile & Apply Apply Share Email this job
to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share
on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Greenwich , Vice President of Taxes, Executive , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!