CFO Needed ASAP
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: January 9, 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANYOur client, located in Greenwich, is a non-profit
organization that offers various programs and services to local
community members. The are looking to onboard a CFO ASAP as their
current CFO will be leaving the organization on 1/21 - they are
looking for as much overlap as possible.
This role will start off on a part-time basis - up to 30 hours per
week but will offer full-time hours if/upon becoming perm.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- This role offers a 8:30-4:30 workday (30 hours per week to
- Looking to start on our top candidate as soon as Monday,
- 100+ staff members organization wide
- Operating budget of approximately $7 million and almost $20
million in assets.
- COVID vaccine is required
- Client will interview (virtual) our top candidates tomorrow and
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the fiscal
health of the organization, leading the financial management and
optimizing the systems infrastructure of the organization. The CFO
reports directly to the President & CEO and is a key member of the
senior management team, working with all department heads, Board of
Directors and finance staff.
- Preparing financial statements
- Manipulating data for AR system - mix of revenues from fee for
service programs and different types of fundraising.
- Review and submitting payroll
- Sending out financial statements for grant money
- Preparing monthly and annual financial reports and metrics for
senior management, department heads, and the Board of
- Overseeing general ledger accounting, accounts payable,
accounts receivable, payroll and cash flow management
- Preparing annual and periodic budgeting and financial
forecasting for administration and existing programs
- Overseeing outside management and monitoring of the
organization's endowment; coordinate annual audit and Form 990
- Leading the staff team will be critical to the CFO's success.
The CFO must help recruit, develop and retain a high performing
team. Direct reports include two full time accounting staff, the
Director of Facilities and the Director of Member
Services.EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- An advanced degree and/or CPA is a plus
- Paycom experience would be a plus
- Must demonstrate at least ten years' experience in financial
management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience with legal, audit, compliance, budget and resource
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing
new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in
people, systems and infrastructure
- Have proven effectiveness in leading staff in finance and
accounting, as well as possess sophisticated knowledge of IT and
- Possess leadership and team-player skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to multitask while also being highly
- Needs to show integrity, accountability and commitment to the
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Greenwich , CFO Needed ASAP, Executive , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!