Lead Analyst, Wealth Manager
Company: The Bank of New York Mellon
Posted on: November 20, 2022
ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its
clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the
investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for
institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon
delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment
services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had
$41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and
$2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a
single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold,
manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon
is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
(NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on Follow us on
Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at for the latest company
- The Lead Analyst (Associate Wealth Manager) provides support to
the Wealth Managers in managing, retaining and growing existing
- Responsibilities include: Preparing balance sheets, calculating
wealth projections, recommending and executing portfolio
rebalancing programs, cash management, verifying client objectives
and analyzing investment performance.
- At the guidance of the Team Leader, the Lead Analyst may also
have independent responsibility for managing some client
relationships with the Wealth Advisory segment.
- The Lead Analyst independently evaluates and pursues new
business opportunities and client prospects, focusing on
responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk
- Serves in a consultative role to prospects, advising UHNW and
HNW parties on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term
strategic objectives through the firm's solutions.
- Pursues clients and centers of influence with complex strategic
needs and responsible for generating new revenue by way of
increased flows and future fees.
- Fiduciary: At the direction of more senior staff, the Lead
Analyst administers and advises the Wealth Management team on the
interpretation of key provisions and duties of BNY Mellon as
- Must understand how to interpret governing trust documents
particular to each relationship, and work with internal partners
and external advisors.
- In some instances, this role may be focused on Estate
- Specific knowledge as to the settlement of estates and probates
will be required. Additionally, this role may be required to
administer charitable accounts in which specific knowledge will be
required pertaining to the policies and procedures of those
- Fiduciary administration: Subject matter expert on all
fiduciary topics which impacts clients and have in-depth knowledge
of WM's fiduciary practices, policies and procedures.
- Client activity may include the general administration of the
processing of discretionary and non-discretionary request
approvals, general account maintenance approvals, with regard to
proxy and statement reporting, and other proprietary system
maintenance associated with client records.
- Will meet with clients, co-trustees and beneficiaries to ensure
BNY Mellon is adhering to the highest fiduciary standards as trust
advisor to multi-generational families. Will be expected to assess,
identify and escalate/address risk-related issues.
- Client service (30%): Frequent and regular/scheduled
interaction with clients, including in-person client meetings.
Serve as clients' primary point of contact and are responsible for
ensuring that all of WM's resources are provided to clients in the
Active Wealth framework.
- Portfolio/Investment administration (30%): Preparing balance
sheets, calculating wealth projections, recommending and executing
portfolio rebalancing programs, cash management, verifying client
objectives and analyzing investment performance
- .Business development (20%): Utilizing technology and client's
net worth statement to introduce BNY Mellon's capabilities and
bringing insights to the Wealth Managers. Directly contributes to
the team and personal goals.
- Risk and Compliance (10%): Expected to adhere to all policies,
procedures and regulations. Timely completion of all assigned
compliance tasks is required.
- Training, Personal & Professional Development and Involvement
(10%): Continuous personal and professional learning and
development and contribution to the team goals is expected.
- Technologically proficient and involvement in BNY Mellon
offerings is also expected.
- No direct reports.
- In some regions, may have interaction with client services
- Responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth
(revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio.
- At the guidance of more experienced colleagues, manages overall
relationship profitability of small, non-complex clients; continues
to receive advice and coaching from senior team
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education
and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree
- 5+ years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or
product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in
Relationship Management, Client Services or Account
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience
working in a highly detail oriented environment, strong proficiency
with Microsoft Office, proven verbal and written communication
skills are also preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best
global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the
diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve -
and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing
and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly,
inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is
representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and
communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do
their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and
offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and
Keywords: The Bank of New York Mellon, Greenwich , Lead Analyst, Wealth Manager, Executive , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!