EEG Tech-Neurology Tech; Full Time
Company: Yale NewHaven Health
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Job DescriptionOverview To be part of our organization, every
employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support
our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity,
patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must
guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs standard and complex EEG recordings including proficiency
in other neurodiagnostic modalities. Must be adept with all age
groups and special needs populations. Performs neurodiagnostic
procedures in a variety of patient care settings such as inpatient,
outpatient, and ICUs: MICU, SICU, Neuroscience ICU, and New Born
Special Care Unit.
- 1.--Prepares the patient, conducts various physiologic studies
and collects pertinent information to ensure proper interpretation
by the physician.
- 2.--Performs standard and complex EEG recordings (wake and
asleep, bedside, isolation and electrocerebral inactivity
- 3.--Records EEG's from neonates, including those in the Newborn
Special Care Unit as requested by the referring physician.
- 4.--Reviews the Patient's neurological status and clinical
history from the chart, patient or other knowledgeable persons.
Explains the recording procedures to the patient and other persons
in a detailed manner prior to the procedure as evidenced by the
Patient Satisfaction Survey.
- 5.--Adapts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal
results based on history, clinical observations and test findings
for interpretation at the time of review by the physician.
- 6.--Performs high quality EEG recordings on adult and pediatric
- 7.--Meets emergency EEG On Call requirements as determined by
the Patient Services Manager, Neurophysiology.
- 8.--Follows established safety precautions and procedures in
the performance of all duties to ensure a safe environment.
- 9.--Consistently demonstrates a complete knowledge of body
- 10.--Demonstrates a concern for cleanliness of self and work
area on a daily basis and practices proper infection control
techniques per YNHH policy.
- 11.--Keeps equipment in clean operating condition daily and
performs maintenance and minor repairs of laboratory equipment and
reports the need for major repairs as soon as possible.
- 12.--Provides appropriate patient care during seizure which
would include activating emergency button for help, immediately
turning patient's head to one side to prevent aspiration,
restraining arms and legs to prevent injury to himself or falling
off bed, even though guardrails are up, stays with patient until
seizure is over with settings adjusted to capture seizure activity
and details observation of clinical manifestations during seizure
and other patient emergency situations.
- 13.--Retrieves and enters data into the CCSS/SCM system.
- 14.--Demonstrates knowledge and skill in using EPIC scheduling
- 15.--Assists in the training and instruction of Neurophysiology
Technologist I, when necessary as determined by the Patient
Services Manager, Neurophysiology.
- 16.--Assists in research studies or special projects when
requested by the Patient Services Manager,
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Previous education in
life science or allied health field preferrable. Graduate of an
Electroneurodiagnostic Technology Program accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or equivalent.
Minimum of three (3) years performing standard and complex
neurodiagnostic procedures required. Long-term monitoring (LTM) in
an Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) a plus.
R.EEG.T. or equivalent (such as R.EP.T. or R.PSG.T.) required.
Possession of the skills and knowledge required by the American
Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked
Potential Technologists (ABRET) for national board certification.
Proficiency with the International 10-20 System of Electrode
Placement. Ability to perform collodion electrode application
beneficial. Ability to deal with critically ill adult and pediatric
patients in ICU settings. Proficient in working with and
troubleshooting the sophisticated computerized equipment required
to perform multimodal neurodignostic procedures.
No special conditions.
Not ready to apply, but interested in working at Yale New Haven
Health? Department: Neurology
Sub Category: CLINICAL TECH
Status: Full Time Benefits Eligible
Keywords: Yale NewHaven Health, Greenwich , EEG Tech-Neurology Tech; Full Time, Healthcare , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!