Company: Family Centers
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Medical Assistant - COVID Team
Summary: The Medical Assistant performs various duties as a member
of the Health Center and COVID Testing team. Responsibilities
include but not limited to supporting the Medical Care and COVID
team at health centers and during COVID Popup Testing Events and
Immunization Clinics. The position reports to the Medical Provider,
Coordinator, and Manager.
- Greets and checks in patients and assists them in accessing
services in a timely manner
- Swab and collect COVID-19 samples to be tested
- Complete visit appropriate vital signs, history and medication
list and documents properly in-patient chart.
- Process laboratory specimens for area reference laboratories,
accurately complete and process lab requisitions and maintains
- Perform daily set up, stocking, labeling, cleaning of all
clinical areas and equipment (including the washing and
sterilization of instruments) and documents accordingly.
- Retrieve laboratory and other test results and submit for
review by provider.
- Provide patient education, including providing instructions for
laboratory, radiology and other medical testing/procedures.
- Act as receptionist when needed, answer phones, scheduling,
respond to correspondence.
- Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives
and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as
well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Certification as Medical Assistant
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed to perform the
- Knowledge of anatomy and limited physiology/disease
- Knowledge of laboratory and other procedures performed in an
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront
difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Customer Service
Standards of Family Centers Inc.
- Bilingual, especially Spanish/English, and/or bicultural
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to
willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological
requirements of modern medical health center practices
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to bend without restrictions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
Special Note: As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our
community and beyond, it is Family Centers' highest priority to
help keep our current and future employees and the communities we
serve healthy and safe. At Family Centers, we have implemented
processes and precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
and until further notice, job interviews will primarily be
conducted virtually via phone and/or video. We will continue to
closely monitor relevant guidance from the CDC, state, and local
orders.About Family Centers:Family Centers is a private, nonprofit
organization offering education, health and human services to
children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200
professionals and 1,200 trained volunteers collaborate to provide
our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative
services. Through our three Centers of Excellence, more than 21,000
children, adults, families and communities receive the care,
encouragement and resources needed to realize their potential.
For more information, please visit or on our LinkedIn pageFamily
Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and
generous benefits package.
Keywords: Family Centers, Greenwich , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!