Senior Software Developer (Java)
Company: Interactive Brokers LLC
Posted on: April 25, 2021
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team! Interactive Brokers ("IB")
has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years
and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We
continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer
the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all
for the lowest cost to our customers. We are looking for a Senior
Java Developer to manage the software development life cycle, from
planning and prioritizing to testing and release, with good
knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding
complex problems and explain their solution. The position is
well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines,
follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements. You
will be part of: A team that builds and supports vital
infrastructure services and APIs with a focus on providing
inter-system and inter-company data services. You will be
responsible to :
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for
- Plan and execute all deployment of system features and monitor
for successful integration, maintaining the system throughout its
- Write well-designed, efficient code, including:
- review, test, and debug team members' code, and
- conduct the testing of completed code modules with the help of
junior Java developers, and
- fixing code as needed to ensure a smooth system deployment with
the intended functionality.
- Communicate and collaborate on development items with global
team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting
- Work with various internal stakeholders and developers on
implementing solutions in production and development environments.
You are someone who will have:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or related
degree; and a minimum of 10 years' experience in the design and
implementation of medium to large applications with a focus on
providing back-end services for various client applications.
- Hands-on Expertise in Core-Java (server-side)
- 5+ years in core Java Multi-threading, collections, JVM,
Garbage collection, Streams.
- Object oriented design and usage of commonly used design
- Experience with at least one of Oracle RDBMS, or REST service
development are preferred.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix along with scripting
- An ability to diagnose problems through existing processes and
procedures as well as being able to recognize when a condition does
not fit the documented scenario. Nice to Have :
- Experience with developing applications hosted in application
servers such as jboss or tomcat; JMS and/or MQ messaging; SWIFT MT
or MX messaging. Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock
- Retirement plan (401K) with competitive company match.
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical,
dental, and vision benefits.
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and
counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy.
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with
healthy options for breakfast and snack.
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer
activities and company sports teams.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
Company Overview Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of
publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in
Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of
trade execution and clearing services for active traders,
institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing
brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to
stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a
single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the
largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked
at the top of its field. Our employees are part of a dynamic,
multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide
our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior
execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and
sophisticated risk management tools. Our headquarters are in
Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States,
Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India,
Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and
United Kingdom. IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC.
Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by
securities and commodities agencies around the world. Click HERE to
view a short video with a few words from current Interactive
Brokers employees. (If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste
the following URL in your browser: ) For more information, please
Keywords: Interactive Brokers LLC, Greenwich , Senior Software Developer (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!