Business Associate - Emergency Department, Per diem
Company: Yale New Haven Health
Posted on: November 16, 2020
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should
understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and
live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered,
respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The Unit Secretary coordinates the clerical and receptionist
activities of the Patient Care Unit under the direction of the
Clinical Coordinator, Nurse Manager and Program Director. The Unit
Secretary is willing to accept responsibility for individual job
requirements and performance and is able to contribute to the
efficient and effective operations of the department. The Unit
Secretary exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and
support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success
Factors as described in the Performance Review.
* 1. Responsible as a unit representative demonstrating service
* 1.1 Acknowledges patients, families, visitors and staff promptly
* 2. Teamwork
* 2.1 Embraces shared goals versus narrower interests: actively
cooperative vs. competitive or non-committal.
* 3. Organizes and maintains the clerical activities of the
embryology lab. Interacts with other departments and other medical
facilities. Contributes to the fiscal integrity of Greenwich
* 3.1 Continually seeks ways to sustain and improve one's
* 4. Flexible/Open-Minded
* 4.1 Listens with an open mind to other's opinions in the spirit
of finding and following the best ideas.
* 5. Treats the people we serve as guests.
* 5.1 Welcomes patient, visitors and staff in a warm, friendly
manner; is courteous; makes eye contact and smiles; introduces self
by name and, when appropriate, by position; addresses people by
name whenever possible.
* 6. Listens to patients, visitors and staff and acts promptly to
* 6.1 Uses active listening techniques to understand other's needs
and acts decisively to resolve problems.
* 7. Respects the privacy and confidentiality of patients, visitors
* 7.1 Treats all patient related and other discussions with
discretion; eliminates gossip; does not discuss patient or hospital
business in elevators or other public areas.
* 8. Presents a professional image.
* 8.1 Wears name-badge in a highly visible location; adheres to
department dress code; makes sure that appearance is appropriate
for professional role.
* 9. Answers the telephone professionally.
* 9.1 Answers the phone promptly following department guidelines;
introduces self and department, and as appropriate, offers
assistance. Uses a pleasant tone of voice.
* 10. Maintains a clean and safe environment.
* 10.1 Keeps work area safe and clean; keeps hallways clear.
* 11. Anticipates what services and information people need and
takes action to provide it.
* 11.1 Watches for clues that patients or visitors require
assistance. Asks, 'May I help you?' Escorts them to their
destination, if necessary. Encourages people to ask questions.
* 12. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients
served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate
knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the
patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed
to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age
specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the
unit's/area's/ department's policies and procedures
High School or equivalent
English speaking Basic clerical, telephone skills and computer/fax
experience Experience with medical terminology
Excellent computer skills
Standing, walking, typing
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health, Greenwich , Business Associate - Emergency Department, Per diem, Other , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!