Company: The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Summary & Reports to:
Join the Personal Training Team which is responsible for
providing various personal training services that offer members
programs to maximize workout efficiency, improve fitness, enjoy
their fitness experience and improve overall sense of well-being.
This is a full time position.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential
- Develop safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal
training programs to ensure clients are satisfied with their
workout program and remain motivated to attain their personal
- Monitor and instruct clients during personal training sessions
on the safe and effective use of strength training equipment,
cardiovascular and flexibility.
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including
pre-participation screening, medical history, lifestyle
questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal
- Deliver personal training programs based on the clients ability
- Complete and maintain accurate and current client files, while
weighing each week & completing body measurements once per
- Fulfill member service requirement, up to 30 hours per week
duties may include the following:
- Fitness assessments and equipment orientations
- Edge Challenge events
- Floor service
Sales & Promotion:
- Promote and sell Edge Fitness programs, services, and
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding monthly revenue and
- Develop and maintain a personal training client base
Managerial & Supervisory:
- Complete all administrative requirements associated with each
clients fitness plan
- Attend all PT department, all club, and one on one
- Complete all assigned Edge Fitness University courses
- Remain current on certifications and new trends in the
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic,
enthusiastic, and motivational
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, cardiovascular training,
nutrition, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Demonstrate exercises and adjust machine weights, free weights,
and cardiovascular equipment
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a computer and Microsoft Office software
(Word and Excel)
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Four year degree in exercise science, sports medicine, or other
related field preferred
- One year personal training experience preferred
- Program design experience preferred
- Certified Personal Trainer (minimum of one certification)
- CPR/AED certification
- Obtain one of the core four certifications within 6 months of
hire: NASM, ACE, ISSA or NSCA
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic
activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done
frequently. Employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with
hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping,
kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50
pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements
are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position
routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and
phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a non-exempt full-time position with varied hours based
on business needs. This position requires night and weekend
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies
with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment
The above statements are intended to describe the general
activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an
exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities.
Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC, Greenwich , Trainer, Other , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!