Business Office Manager
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking
senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury
environment for our residents, allowing them to live “the good
life” in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood
Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound
difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we
continue to grow, we are seeking a dedicated and caring Business
Office Manager to become part of our family. We invite you to
take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
Maplewood Senior Living is seeking a full-time Business
Office Manager in the Darien, Connecticut area for Sunday through
Maplewood offers paid training, bonus & incentive
programs and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time
employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time-off,
voluntary Aflac insurance and a 401K plan.
The Business Office Manager is responsible for supporting the
Executive Director and Management Company with the financial duties
and human resources of the community, working hand in hand with the
management or higher teams. The Business Office Manager supports
associates, to ensure a rewarding work place. S/he may manage
other administrative associates and administrative functions such
as reception. This is a department manager role, and may
require travel as appropriate (to home office, training courses,
etc.). Under HIPPA, every practice or healthcare organization must
designate a Privacy Officer. In terms of HIPPA compliance, the
privacy officer shall oversee all ongoing activities related to the
development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s
privacy policies in accordance to applicable federal and state
- Oversee the department, including front desk associates.
- Manage day to day operations at the community related to
accounting, human resources and billing.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new associates.
- Work directly with home office to ensure accounts payable and
accounts receivable processing is timely and accurate.
- Serve as Community Privacy Officer.
- Process community payroll.
- Manage associate benefits including enrollment process.
- High School graduate or equivalent certificate; Associates
- Successful completion of bookkeeping/accounting courses is
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in large office management
(100+ employees) is a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
Outlook) as well as familiarity with the Internet and its search
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication
- Knowledge of Ultimate software payroll system preferred.
- Knowledge of basic GL and Accounts Payable systems.
- Knowledge of office equipment and ability to trouble shoot
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening
including background check, drug screening and reference
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR