Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiology
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 1
Details: Days M-F
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and
communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural,
spiritual and age-related needs in
order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent
with their level of education and expertise in order to meet
patients' needs and to
maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
Demonstrates knowledgeof patients' condition and is able to provide
appropriate input to meet desiredoutcomes for the appropriate
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA
Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of
• Participates in activities for professional growth and
development outside of Patient care.
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department ofPublic Health obtained prior to hire date or job
One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred and Two years of
Medical-Surgical experience Critical Care experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Greenwich , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiology, Other , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!