Senior Database Design Architect
Company: Interactive Brokers
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!Interactive Brokers Group has
consistently been at the -forefront of trading innovation, starting
with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in
1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology
company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push
boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most
sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in
our stellar brokerage platform.We're looking for people that have
been playing the role of systems architect. These individual have a
passion for data, software and technology. This position is for a
visionary who can help us develop business requirements and
translate them into technical solutions.You will be someone who
- Transform architecture of existing systems at IBKR to improve
their scalability, extensibility and reliability using best
practices and emerging technologies.
- Improve data architecture framework, standards and principles,
including modeling, metadata, security and reference data.
- Lead activities ranging from strategic planning to functional
reviews, implementation and design an architectural vision for
delivery. Educate the team on this vision.
- Define data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization
generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are
managed, and how data changes in transition
- Create, maintain and communicate architectural vision,
technical strategies, designs and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with various teams to compile ideas, draft business
cases, identify key results and prioritize initiatives.
- Perform necessary research to ensure initiatives are
- Guide, direct and coach engineering teams/resources to support
- Document best practices, enterprise development patterns,
technology implementation strategies and drive education and
adoption through the organization.You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of total IT experience.
- 8+ years of experience as an Data Modeler/Architect.
- 5+ years of Java software development experience using J2EE and
- 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of architectural design frameworks, integration
frameworks, and patterns.
- Extensive experience in Oracle handling large complicated data
- Familiar with Oracle features such as partitioning,
- Familiar with performance optimizations and using Oracle traces
and AWR reports to diagnose performance issues.
- Experience with data modeling technics such as UML.
- Able to understand business problems conceptually and design
scalable and flexible data models and workflows.To be successful in
this position you will have:
- Ability to solve problems.
- Action oriented
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical,
dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and
counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with
healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer
activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Company OverviewInteractive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access
electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders,
institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing
brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers
around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees
are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented
team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and
automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated
platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our
clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio
management tools, research facilities and investment products, at
low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior
returns.Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in
more than 15 countries across the world.IBKR is a member of NYSE,
FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are
regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the
world.Click the link to view a short video with a few words from
current Interactive Brokers employees:
Keywords: Interactive Brokers, Greenwich , Senior Database Design Architect, Other , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!