Associate Research & Development
Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold -, Brownberry - or Oroweat - bread?
A Thomas' - English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara
Lee -, Entenmann's - or Marinela - cake or donut? If the answer is
yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
#LI-SO1 The Research and Development Associate conducts Research
and product development activities throughout BBU for all BBU
manufactured products and all co-manufactured, co-developed
products. Brings key skills and knowledge in new product
ideas/concepts and troubleshooting. Able to initiate product and
/or processing concepts from idea to final production start-up.
Spearhead new technology development and its application into all
baked good areas. Develop and implement productivity projects.
-Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
- Design and execute experimentation using established
procedures, interpreting and translating results into excellent
product designs of technological solutions.
- Prepare samples to be evaluated by the different stakeholders
(R&D Direction, Marketing, Sales, and others) as required.
- Coordinate the technical development or reformulation of bakery
items, evaluation of new ingredients or troubleshooting of existing
- Contribute to key product improvements, cost reductions, new
products development, knowledge building or other technically
based, business driven objectives.
- Utilize the different information systems available to upload
the new formulas, ingredient information or specifications and
keeps Corporate formulas updated as required.
- Describe/demonstrate research results or experimental protocols
to colleagues in a professional manner.
- Carry out those programs so laid out by designated supervisors
under authority of the Director of Product Development, within the
parameters of time and cost, etc.
- To work both in a "hands-on" environment and /or direct as
needed, converting the ideas and concepts defined in project
briefs, into a product reality.
- Utilizing services available - Analytical laboratory, costing,
packaging, Technical Services, Marketing, Engineering, etc. -
ensure that the developments are followed through the proper
channels, obtaining the information required for their final
approval and launch.
- Advise and guide other R&D team members and other
departments throughout BBU, as requested, on scientific and
- Prepare specifications and process operating guides for the
different product developments, ensuring the proper documentation
flow and approvals.
- To write reports/memos from time to time on current status of
- Interface with Operations and Technical Service personnel in
all facilities to effectively and efficiently implement product
development objectives to completion.
- Deal effectively and professionally with outside ingredient
suppliers to meet R&D objectives (keeping Purchasing
- To maintain a daily log outlining project status and activities
in such detail that others may continue the test.
- To lead in special technical projects concerning products,
processes, new ingredients, equipment, and facility concepts and
- Where approved, travel to any BBU technical facilities or
plants and co-packers to independently and effectively accomplish
R&D objectives and interface professionally with
representatives of the same.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated
entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking,
East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across
the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales
routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed
their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for
much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting
work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their
professional and personal lives every day.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Greenwich , Associate Research & Development, Other , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!