Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
#LI-CW1$10,000 Sign On BonusPosition Summary: Position is
responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair.
Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with
a focus on decreasing bakery downtime. Analyze problems and
interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs
(troubleshooting of equipment issues). Complete all assigned work
orders within the time allotted. Keep good records of all work
assignments and communicate across all groups/departments. Able to
identify required parts, current inventories, and to list parts
required for reorder. Must abide by all company policies including
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Personal Safety Standards and
Food Safety Standards. Person will perform mechanical and
electrical maintenance and repairs on bakery production machinery.
Duties will also include maintenance of building and support
equipment. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in
electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up
to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Training and experience in use of PLC's, VFD's, and HMIs/OITs
is a plus.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation
activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering
design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to
obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment. Recommends
design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or
to improve safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine
feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA and
company safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company
policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to
prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in
the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other
programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. with or without reasonable
accommodations Job Requirements Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and
- Must be able to read English and follow written procedures
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Must be Team Oriented Person. Education and Work History:
- 3 years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment,
preferably in the food industry.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College Degree (or some college)
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Greenwich , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!