Senior Director, Internal Communications
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Solutions driven success. XPO is a top ten global provider of
transportation services, with a highly integrated network of
people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look
for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively
in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of
experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future
for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity,
join us at XPO. As the Senior Director, Internal Communications,
you will help drive the next chapter of the work that XPO does to
inform, excite and engage its employees. You will help identify
strategic opportunities to make the company's internal
communications even better, stronger and more focused on critical
business impact - and you will lead the team that implements this
work on budget and on schedule. You will also have a critical role
in shaping the content and channels XPO uses to reach its employees
across North America and the measurement systems we use to track
and refine our impact. Pay, benefits and more.We are eager to
attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a
generous benefits package, including full health insurance
(medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability
and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Lead a team responsible for developing and executing a
multi-channel strategy to effectively communicate to LTL's diverse
- Investigate and resolve employee communications issues that
arise in the service centers and other locations
- Capture and analyze relevant data to identify issues and
- Drive and develop creative, innovative and engaging internal
outreach, platforms and campaigns that will reach all stakeholders,
including our predominantly hourly workforce, and move the XPO
- Understand the company and its business drivers, which will
allow this person to recommend and implement the best ways to
communicate to various audiences to ensure high engagement at XPO
Act as a liaison between hourly employees and management,
representing both fairly and professionally
- Maintain productive relationships across the organization that
will help provide insights and intelligence needed to assess any
emerging matters of concern that Communications can help
- Work across the organization to help develop high-quality and
innovative communication strategies that effectively activate LTL's
internal audiences and position the company as an employer of
- Nurture a great team of experienced professionalsWhat you need
to succeed at XPO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Public Relations
or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience in internal communications, corporate
communications, or related position
- Exceptional writing skills
- Great project management skills
- A proved ability to "break the mold" in achieving targeted
communications objectives It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience leading internal communications for a large, diffuse
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to connect
business objectives and communications strategies.
- Experience in engaging senior executives - defining their
communications priorities, providing strategic communications
counsel, demonstrating courage to challenge positions and influence
- Exceptional writing skills and the proven ability to quickly
digest complex (sometimes scientific) information and deliver
content clearly, succinctly, and accurately for a variety of
- History of working for publicly traded fast-growing companies;
experience managing and driving several projects
- Knowledge of workplace issues, labor matters and related legal
and regulatory matters.
- A self-starter who is comfortable crafting and implementing
communications strategies for internal audiences.
- A collaborative mindset and demonstrated ability to work as
part of a team.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure when news needs to
be communicated to internal audiences.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships
with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong professional copywriting and editing skills for a
variety of audiences/media preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially
Word and PowerPoint, is required.
- Some travel will be required.
- Strong business and financial acumen with keen ability to
identify and deliver impactful, bottom-line improvements.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation
- Ability to effectively engage with employees and leaders at all
levels of the organization.Be part of something big. We are proud
to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status. All
applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Keywords: XPO, Greenwich , Senior Director, Internal Communications, Professions , Greenwich, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!